Sunday 29 July 2012

Grandma's cooking :)

mmmmmmmmm.... Grandma's cooking.. Agrhhghrghghgh

Nothing’s better than a home cooked meal. What makes it even better is a meal made by your grandmother. A grandmother always makes the best dishes/food/desserts, especially for their grandchildren.  My brothers and I have the advantage of having my favourite dishes cooked. One of the first things that my grandma asks when I go to her house is “Dah makan ke?” which just means, “Have you eaten?” What I love about this fasting month is that every week when I go visit both grandparents is that the food will always be delicious and our family bond becomes stronger as we meet very often. Coming to the highlight of this story, the ever delicious grandma’s cooking. Yesterday, my grandma cooked a famous dish passed down from generations which is the laksa johor. It’s just spaghetti, a sauce which contains fish and some other ingredients and the colour is brownish yellow plus there are vegetables like onions, cucumber etc as a topping on the dish. Do search it for more information. She also made cucur udang which is prawn, flour and other ingredients made into a batter and fried is a lot of oil. Other than that, there were spring rolls and lasagna courtesy of my aunty. We ate like we haven’t eaten in a week, devouring everything cooked by my grandma. I like it when we sit together, just as family talking until late night about stuff. For me, I don’t contribute much to the conversation because all of them are adults, so until they talk about something related to my life, then I contribute. Family is very important to us, if we don’t have friends to talk to or have problems, family will always be there for you through crap life throws at you.  Appreciate the family that you have right now before they’re gone. 

Apologies for not posting the Laksa Johor, I was too busy eating I forgot, go check it out in the internet :) Cheers 

No comments:

Post a Comment