Wednesday 8 August 2012

Singapore, Lion City

Indian food :) 

Grilled meat

My family and I enjoying the food.



Enjoying night shopping!

The customised stationery from Ri 
I am back from the Lion City. It was just a short trip my family and I had just to relax and chill for the weekend. Our main agenda was to shop till we drop, well not really, because we were fasting and couldn't walk much. MAS aeroplane was our transport to Singapore. We took a couple of hours to settle in to our hotel which is Hyatt Hotel which is to our advantage as it is near Orchard Road. Why is it to our advantage? Well, Orchard Road is known for its wide variety of shopping malls. Once you step out of the hotel, you could see shops as far as the eye can see. Firstly, we went to the Wheelock Place to go to a stationery shop named Ri. The shop sells customised pencil box which in other words means that we could put our name on the pencil box. Since we arrived at Singapore late in the afternoon, we only had a couple of hours of shopping. The next day is when the real shopping is done. Our first stop was The Ion Orchard Mall. The T-Bar, pull and bear and Fred Perry were the shops visited by my dad, brother and I in search of clothes and shoes. After we were done, we went to Forum Mall where I bought my jeans at DKNY. Other than that my day was pretty much come to an end because we were tired. Hyatt has one of the best Halal restaurants in Singapore which goes by the name Straights Kitchen. Everyday for Iftar, a buffet of food from indian food to the middle eastern food. One day isn't enough to eat everything that is served, you would need at least two days to eat every last food served in that restaurant. In addition to that, the quality of the food is top notch. Thus, the day ended with a belly full of food. We had to go home the next day. While at the airport, I still had some leftover money, and didn't know what to do with it. I searched everywhere for things I could buy but I came in the opposite side of luck and didn't manage to get anything. Nevertheless, it was a great trip. I thank my dad for this holiday :) Singapore is a good place for your shopping needs, that was hard to say as I am a Malaysia :P Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment