Monday 13 August 2012

Raya cookies

Pineapple tart

Biskut Mazola

Me, making biskut rempah
Every year, during the last two weeks of Ramadhan month, my grandma, mother and aunty would make specific family recipe cookies. There are 5 types of cookies made which are "mazola" (made from ground nuts), "arab", "biskut cornflakes", pineapple tarts and my personal favourite "biskut rempah". My favourite cookie is not found in Malaysia. It is an Indonesian type of cookie :) This year, I did my best at helping them make these cookies in simple ways like putting almond on the "biskut rempah" etc etc. Without doubt, these cookies are the best I've tasted. These cookie making sessions are some how like a bonding time with the family. This is the type of raya spirit that should be implemented in everyone. I hope you'd like these cookies :3

No comments:

Post a Comment